The body of an online poker star was found in the bath in her home by an elderly neighbour.
Lilya Novikova is thought to have been using her hairdryer while in the bath and suffered a fatal electrocution.
The 26-year-old’s parents had made an urgent call after not hearing from her.
Her poker fans knew her as Lia.
She was well known on Twitch.tv, a live streaming channel for online gamers.
Russia’s Investigative Committee (SK) confirmed she had been electrocuted. All the reports suggest that it was an accident.
“During the initial examination, traces of an electrical injury were found on the victim’s body,” a source told TASS, the Russian news agency.
The daily Moskovsky Komsomolets (MK) says the neighbour is a longstanding friend of Novikova’s parents and has a key to the flat.
Novikova had an engineering degree from Moscow’s prestigious Bauman University and besides poker she enjoyed various sports, including rowing and snowboarding.
MK reports that she also made some videos with top tips for poker fans.
Her Instagram account, on which Novikova describes herself as a “pro poker player,” shows her snowboarding and swimming, as well as playing poker both online and in casinos.