Home News Jury at John Leslie's sexual assault trial is sent home amid fears...

Jury at John Leslie's sexual assault trial is sent home amid fears the judge may have coronavirus 


Jury at John Leslie’s sexual assault trial is sent home as a ‘precautionary measure’ amid fears the judge may have coronavirus

  • Judge Deborah Taylor said that the trial would have to be delayed until Monday
  • A source claimed she has suspected symptoms and is awaiting the result of test
  • Former Blue Peter host Leslie, 55, stands accused of grabbing a woman’s breasts

In a statement Judge Deborah Taylor told London’s Southwark Crown Court that the trial would be delayed until Monday as a ‘precautionary measure’. But a source claimed she has suspected symptoms and is awaiting the result of a test

In a statement Judge Deborah Taylor told London’s Southwark Crown Court that the trial would be delayed until Monday as a ‘precautionary measure’. But a source claimed she has suspected symptoms and is awaiting the result of a test 

The judge presiding over John Leslie’s sexual assault trial sent the jury home yesterday amid fears she may have coronavirus.

In a statement Judge Deborah Taylor told London’s Southwark Crown Court that the trial would be delayed until Monday as a ‘precautionary measure’.

But a source claimed she has suspected symptoms and is awaiting the result of a test.

Former Blue Peter and This Morning host Leslie, 55, is accused of grabbing a woman’s breasts at a Christmas party in central London on December 5, 2008.

The court had been due to hear closing speeches from the prosecution and defence.

But the jury was sent home and told the case would hopefully resume on Monday.

In her statement, judge Taylor said: ‘As a precautionary measure the trial is unable to sit today and it is hoped the trial will be able to continue on Monday morning at 10.30am.’

The trial had previously heard that Leslie groped the woman for three seconds laughing as he looked directly at her, before strolling off chuckling without saying a word.

The woman, who cannot be named, was left ‘stunned’ but did not report the alleged sex attack on December 5, 2008, as she thought no one would believe her, the court heard.

She went to the police years later in the wake of the #MeToo movement, jurors were told.

The jury was sent home and told the case would hopefully resume on Monday. Southwark Crown Court is seen above

The jury was sent home and told the case would hopefully resume on Monday. Southwark Crown Court is seen above

After appearing on Blue Peter between 1989 and 1994, Leslie went on to host several popular TV shows including This Morning and Wheel of Fortune.

In March 2018, the former presenter voluntarily attended a police interview to answer questions about the allegation.

He denies one charge of sexual assault. The trial is set to resume on Monday.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Must Read

Coronavirus Scotland: Landlords want alcohol BANNED in supermarkets

Furious Scottish landlords are today calling on Nicola Sturgeon to ban alcohol sales in supermarkets and off-licences as the nation's hospitality chiefs launch...

Naughty puppy gets his head stuck inside a Halloween pumpkin

Halloween howler! Hilarious moment a naughty puppy gets its head stuck...

2022 World Cup qualifying draw for European section to take place virtually on December 7

2022 World Cup qualifying draw for European section to take place...

Brad Pitt's model girlfriend Nicole Poturalski, 27, displays her enviable figure

Brad Pitt's model girlfriend Nicole Poturalski, 27, displays her enviable figure...

Zara divides shoppers as they embrace 'covid chic' with the release of their new QUILTED trolley

Granny chic! Zara padded shopping trolley that sold out in Spain...