Barcelona transfer news LIVE: Express Sport brings you the latest updates coming out of the Nou Camp
Tuesday, July 16
- PSG have set their demands for Neymar
- PSG want to recoup the £200million they paid to sign Neymar
- Victor Lindelof’s agent reportedly met with Barcelona officials
- Liverpool should re-sign Barcelona star Philippe Coutinho
Barcelona back Todibo
Barcelona are ready to back teenager defender Jean-Clair Todibo having missed out on Matthijs de Ligt and Victor Lindelof.
The Catalan giants had been linked with the Ajax superstar, who is set to join Juventus on a five-year deal.
Meanwhile the Manchester United centre-back was also on their radar – but it appears he’ll stay at Old Trafford next season.
Now, Mundo Deportivo claim Barcelona will instead give 19-year-old Todibo a chance to prove himself rather than pursue other transfer targets.
PSG set Neymar demands
PSG have set their demands for Neymar.
Spanish newspaper AS claim the Catalan giants had offered £36million plus Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele.
But the Ligue 1 champions aren’t interested.
That’s according to Goal, who claim the Ligue 1 champions want to recoup the £200million they paid to sign Neymar in 2017.
However, the report adds that if Barcelona continue with their plans to offer players in exchange – PSG will only accept defensive reinforcements.
Victor Lindelof talks
Victor Lindelof’s agent reportedly met with club officials to try and secure his client a move to Barcelona.
Lindelof has been linked with a move to Barcelona but, on Monday, tried to dispel talk of a move away.
“I’m very excited for a new season to start so yeah, that’s my answer, I’m very happy here.”
Yet Catalan newspaper Mundo Deportivo claim that, on Friday, Lindelof’a gent Hasan Cetinkaya met with United officials in London.
The intention of the meeting was try and force the Red Devils into letting him join Barcelona.
However, Cetinkaya was told that United ‘do not want to sell’ because ‘he is a very important player for the project ahead’.
Liverpool should re-sign Barcelona star Philippe Coutinho.
That’s according to former Liverpool star and ESPN FC pundit Steve Nicol, who claims his arrival would be ‘ideal’ for Jurgen Klopp’s side.
On Monday, Coutinho’s agent admitted that if his client were to move back to the Premier League, he would only join Liverpool.
“Yes,” he said when asked if Liverpool should explore a move. “I’ve been banging on and complaining about re-signing Origi because the levels drop when he’s on the pitch.
“Somebody like Coutinho would be perfect. The ideal situation for Liverpool is to have four guys – [Mohamed] Salah, [Roberto] Firmino, [Sadio] Mane and Coutinho. then you’ve got to pick three of them.
“Coutinho, he did previously play as one of the three, so he could play there.”